Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Making the house our home - Family Room further cont.

I won't lie, Internet, this past weekend was not the best I've ever had. It was, in fact, closer to miserable, which really stinks because we had some truly beautiful weather. In my never-ending displays of natural grace, I fell down our stairs.  I have refused to go to the hospital, but it is a pretty fair guess to say I bruised or maybe even broke my tailbone. I spent a majority of the weekend on the couch watching shows specifically made to rot one's brain. Making me feel even worse was Ben's devotion to making progress on the family room.

Encouraged by this photo in a recent  Pottery Barn catalog, we decided to go forward with our slate blue walls.
Our actual color choice is Silver Hill by Behr. I managed to clamber off the couch long enough to get some "action shots" before Ben caught me and forced me to rest.

It is really really hard for me to sit still and even more so when I know someone else is working hard. He did such a great job, though. And don;t worry, we aren't keeping the pumpkin color.  It'll be white (probably by Sunday at the rate Ben is going).  Soon we can start planning and saving for family room furniture! Wee!



1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to say that I've got nearly the same color on my bedroom walls!

    http://twitpic.com/g56rb
    http://twitpic.com/gmfp4

    True color is more like the first one, but it does change its appearance throughout the day, which I love.

    It definitely looks great against the brick-red of the wood paneling!

    ReplyDelete