Monday, November 15, 2010

PJs for a Drama Queen

You may be wondering what could have possibly kept me from posting on Friday.  Maybe you aren't, but I am going to tell you anyway. I made the 40 minute drive to Clearwater, FL for my first sewing lesson!

I know it seems odd that I would launch a business based on my sewing skills and then decide to take sewing lessons. My mom taught me some basic straight-line sewing and I've sort of picked up other stuff along the way but for some time I have felt I could be doing so much more if I just knew a little more about my machine and about various fabrics.

I was lucky to find Susan on Craigslist. I mean, I was super lucky.  She is the perfect teacher for me. She is so upbeat and sassy and the right amount of crazy.  I loved my time with her. I cannot beleive how much I learned in just over four hours.

So what does all this have to do with PJs?  Well, I had to make something during my lesson didn't I?  And what could possibly be more rewarding than some Emily pajama pants. I think Em might be pretty happy I took a sewing lesson as well:
I used Simplicity Pattern 2831. Emily can tell you these pants are perfect for pre-bedtime snacks,
dancing in the living room,
and lounging dramatically (and not at all posed).

You can see Emily is already putting her new pants to good use. I can't wait to do the same with my new skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment