Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Making the house our home - Family Room cont.

The last time I invited you into our family room it looked something like this:
It took us three weeks to get it to this point - the point where some serious sanding could be done.  And I mean serious sanding. Luckily I have Ben (jealousy is a perfectly normal emotion). He very thoughtfully sequestered the area to be sanded in an effort to contain the impending dust storm. For the past, I don't know, month we've enjoyed this view from our kitchen table.
It isn't much to look at but at least Em and I only had to look at it.  Ben spent a minimum of an hour each day sanding under hot, halogen spotlights. It sucked (or so he tells me). If you ever have to undertake such a chore you will absolutely need:
padded headphones
eye protection
a dust mask
patience
determination
diet coke and beer
Shoes are apparently optional.

But look at this beautiful wood!

And then he went and primed the upper  portion of the walls!



Isn't my husband amazing!  We hope to pick out paint colors soon.  Once the walls were white I was no longer feeling our original color choices.  I think the yellow and green color palette made it hard for us to envision a lot of color choices so we stuck with a burgundy and cream schema.  Now, we are thinking slate blue and white.  Since blue opposes orange on the color wheel, something in that family should really make the stonework and cedar pop.  I can't wait to see it all come together!

No comments:

Post a Comment