Thursday, June 15, 2006

Of two minds

That's the title of my book. I don't have a book, but if I do I think I'll title it the above. They (whoever that is) say you should write what you know and I know that my entire life is going to be split and I'll be of two minds about each step from here on out. Am I doing this as a parent or as a young single female? Two totally different lifestyles fused together to produce lil ole me. And aren't I fabulous?So maybe I'm not fabulous, but I'm telling myself that I'm pretty, smart, and capable. I'm not, but reality is inconsequential since reality is only what you convince yourself it is. I am pretty, smart and capable. And funny. And making it. No really, I'm making it. I'm in a great mood despite pending financial doom. I have a cute little apartment and a fun little weekend trip and a bigger end of summer trip (August is short term right?) and a cute little girl. I'm on top of the world again.My house is not falling down after all. It only took me three experts and $250 to find that out. Hopefully I will be free by August when I will fly away to Cancun. No more house payment, no more inordinately high utilities, way less space to feel empty and to clean. Yay. I need to buy a microwave.I do rather wish I had spent a little more time with the roommate search. I think that would have been a better baby step than this living aloneish stuff. I could totally use someone to cuddle on the couch with and watch a movie. Someone to help me pick out clothes in the morning and eat dinner at night. But not all the time. Oh well. Maybe next spring (oops, that's long term).Okay girlie! It is time for a shower and your first real homework assignment. Yeehaw! So stop with the word spew and lets get on with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment