Wednesday, November 9, 2005

Loads of Fun

The first weekend of November has come and gone bringing with it the month of endless planning and fun! Friday night was La BoDrinkie night. After missing a month, it felt even better than usual despite me wanting to hurry home and see Emi before bedtime at 8. Clare came with her friend Wendy. It is always fun to have new recruits at La BoDrinkie. Saturday morning brought an early rise and getting ready for my trip to Dallas for Hava's bridal shower (the first of 3)! I only got lost like 3 times and arrived shortly after the party began. It was a nice little party, just the way Hava wanted it since it was being thrown by her sister, mother and future moth-in-law. My team won the toilet paper wedding dress competition thanks, in part, to my toilet paper rosettes. I know, you wish you had mad skills like me. After chilling at the Rollo's house for a while (where I discovered how much I love the other bridesmaids - Michelle, Wendy and Tracey). I met up with Sarah in Denton (got lost once). I love Sarah more every time I see her. She is just a cool gal, with good hair to boot! I had no idea she had such a flair for decorating, but her apartment looks fantastic. It's decorated perfectly for two single co-eds finishing up school. We had dinner at Red Lobster (so yummy), dessert at Beth Marie's (homemade egg-nog ice cream) and then it was party party party. We went to Gilley's in Dallas and yes, I conquered the mechanical bull! Okay, so I got thrown over it's horns after a few seconds...I still looked good while I stayed on and I think I stayed on longer than most. I feel sorry for those Dallas girls though because all the cowboys at the club that night were of the strictly urban variety. Why wear a cowboy hat if you can't even two step? I only slept about 5 hours before getting ready for Sunday. I took Sarah and her roomie Kathryn to a late breakfast at Cracker Barrel (mmm, blueberry pancakes). Afterwords I headed to Grapevine (got lost twice) to watch Hava get ready for her brial portraits and then we went to Las Colinas in Irving for the actual portraits. Of course my girl looked fabulous and it was more fun times with the other bridesmaids (except Michelle, who I missed). We ended the day with a wonderful dinner at Uncle Ira's in Plano (got lost once) where I got to partake in his unbelievable iced tea! That tea is so addictive it isn't even funny. I LOVE it! Then I drove home (no getting lost), slept all day Monday and was back at work Tuesday. I felt bad taking off Monday but I had this cold and sounded like a teenage boy going through puberty. It was just sad. I'm mostly better now. Now I can get on with the rest of my busy month. Tomorrow is my 4 year wedding anniversary and my Grandma's birthday. Friday we're actually celebrating my Grandma's birthday. We can finally give her the custom necklace and earrings I designed and had made for her. They are so pretty, I can't wait. Sunday is Catharine's baby shower which I am helping to host and then I can concentrate more on Hava's second bridal shower the weekend of the 19th. Then Thanksgiving, then Christmas, then wedding! Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment