Thursday, April 15, 2004

Just as I suspected

Went to see Dr. Zivney yesterday and took a look at my baby girl! Yup, that's right, I'm going to have a baby girl. Emily Dawn Gatlin. Currently she weighs 1 and 2/3 pounds. We were lucky that she had just eaten so her tummy and bladder were full which meant we got to see those too. If they are empty they are basically invisible. However, seeing them full tells us she is swallowing and that her kidneys and bladder are working just fine. We also watched and listened to her heart beat and saw all four chambers working just fine. It beats so fast! We took a look at her head and tiny little spine and then we got a nice juicy shot of her crotch. She really wanted us to know that it is a girl on the way. She mooned us and then spread wide open to display the lack of outdoor plumbing. It was really a neat experience. Jesse was so sure it was going to be a girl he had a pink rose waiting for me in the car. (Isn't he dreamy?!) While we were at the doctor's office we checked my blood sugar and iron levels. My iron is way up so we are relieved and my blood sugar is below 140. No anemia or diabetes here. Lastly, I now weigh 128, three pounds up from last month. It finally all seems real! Soon we'll go to Houston to the Build a Bear store and make a little girl bear for our little girl's room. Her first sentimental present from Mommy and Daddy. YAY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment