Monday, October 26, 2009

Emily!

On monogamy:
My mom has two husbands! My daddy and Ben.

On the need for more after-school specials:
E: Can Emma come to the Halloween party with us?
J: What Halloween party, baby?
E: You know, when we dress up and we go...and we dress up...you know!
J: No, I'm sorry sweetie, I don't know what you're talking about.
E: YOU KNOW, MOMMY! WHEN WE HIT THE STREETS!

We interrupt your regularly scheduled Emi-isms for a brief explanation: Emily is a little confused as of late about marriage. I have had a time explaining that I am no longer married to her daddy. As she is rather fond of her dad, Emily cannot understand why I would ever make such a decision. She loves Ben, though, so I guess that keeps her from being too upset. In any case, she has been telling anyone who will listen that I am married to two men. Her daycare finds this amusing. THEN she shouted that sentence about hitting the streets
, which was a reference to trick-or-treating by the way, in the hallway of said daycare. About 12 people poked their heads out of classroom doors and, when they saw it was Emily, did not even bother to stifle their giggles. What must those people think of me?

On bending the lines between reality and fantasy:
Aunt Sarah, let's play shopping. I have a pretend shopping cart for real. I really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment