Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Emily!

For her birthday, among other things, Emily got a pink bikini. I won't lie, I still don't know how I feel about having my toddler in a two piece. As far as tiny people bathing suits go, it is really cute. It's pink with little applique flowers in pink and yellow and green etc. It has these fat little pink gingham ties on the side and at the neck. At first she didn't really care about it. I mean, geez, she had CROCS! to be concerned about. Then, all of a sudden she decided she wanted to put it on in lieu of pajamas. Let me think. Either let her wear her perfectly dry, perfectly clean bikini to bed or refuse and have a full on brawl right before bedtime. Swimwear it is! People, you have never seen a woman more proud of herself in a bikini. Never. NEVER. I asked if I could take her picture to send to GeeGee and she was thrilled. After she checked herself out in the mirror for the second time she stood in the hallway, legs hip width apart, hands on hips, eyes closed, chin up, and a teeth-barring smile so big I thought the rest of her head was going to disappear.
 All women should be this proud of themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment