Monday, June 7, 2004

33 weeks, Whew

Okay, I promised to update after every doctor's appt so this is a little late. My appt. was last Weds. It went pretty good though After all the fuss my doctor and nurse made last time about my weight gain they were all smiles and compliments this time around, saying I am gaining at the perfect rate. What! YOU PEOPLE HAD ME STRESSED BEYOND BELIEF FOR NO REASON?! Oh well. However, there is some bad news. The pediatrician we picked is quitting his practice this week and moving away. Pout and stamp foot. Now I have to start interviewing doctors all over again! Oh well. le sigh. I can't beleive I have less than 7 weeks to go. I've been and in reality I could have anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks left. Still, there isn't a whole lot of time.Hopefully we'll get some much needed baby things at my shower. NOTHING is ready! And I don't mean in that panicky nesting way, I mean NOTHING. We have no car seat, no high chair,no bottles, the baby furniture still needs to be repaired, the closet still needs to be finished so we can stop storing things in the baby's room... The list just goes on and on. To top it off, Jesse was a little befuzzled with me yesterday. He says I've been too stressed out to show any sort of happiness about the baby and that I seem more resentful than anything. That was pretty hurtful. He was really just trying to show how concerned he is because I've been extra pregnant lately with lots of crying, but it sort of turned into a blamefest. He thinks I'm resentful and I don't really think he's prioritized right. He always comes through for me though, but I didn't really show him a lot of faith last night. So that's what's up here. Hopefully some of the stress will be alleviated after my shower at the end of the month. That sounds pretty sucky (as in I won't be happy until people buy me things), but we need a little help and I have no problem admitting that. I hope everyone else is having a good summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment