Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Road to Florida - part two

August 12 was another bright and early day. By bright I mean drizzly and grody. By early I mean "Oh my god, i don't think I ever shut my eyes, why does this day have to start right now!" But start it did.  The movers arrived around 8:30 and were a cheerful bunch who got right to work.  Emily was once again packed off to enjoy a day with Emma's family while me and Ben geared up to clean the apartment as our stuff was cleared out. For six hours we cleared and cleaned. Some time in the afternoon I trekked to the main office to research possible hotel stops for the night.  It is ridiculously difficult to find a nice hotel with a pool that we can both bring our cat to and afford.
Finally, sometime between 3:00 and 4:00, we were ready to hit the road. Goodbye Virginia! I really enjoyed you. Let's try to stay friends shall we?
A bit later we found ourselves in North Carolina. We commemorated the milestone with a bathroom break and a photo op:
We stopped at a rather nice Hilton in Raleigh, NC. Sadly, we were too tired and hungry to enjoy the nice pool. We did find some tasty food at the neighboring Bahama Breeze. I'm not sure how true it is to real Caribbean eats, but  it had a fun atmosphere and a ridiculously nice staff. After the loooong day we'd had, it was actually the perfect place for some silliness:
That crazy child just stole Ben's hat!
One driving day down, two more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment