Friday, May 7, 2010

Just Beachy

Yes its Friday. And yes, I am just now posting about my weekend. It happens.

Saturday was one of the warmest days we've had so far this year and just could not be wasted. To the beach we went!  We were initially worried that the shore front would be packed but we were pleasantly surprised. Excepting these guys, which were present in the hundreds:
we only had to contend with a handful of other beach-goers. Em was so ready to greet her long lost friend, "The Atlantic," but a little shy after their long separation. She put on her very best new suit:

and waited not-quite-patiently for Ben to take her into the water.
Ahem. The very very cold water:
 "Bracing, even," Ben said. Em was only slightly fazed and we spent the next hour or so running toward the receding waves and then turning tail when they came back at us. There was no way I was getting in that water on purpose.
Emily got so into the sport she started trash talking the ocean:

But it showed her who was boss.

 
 I promise, I was there too. I got to help build the token sand castle. 

 

And then I got to work on it alone.

 

And then the dunking began.  For whatever reason Ben and Em decided they needed to be in the water. All the way in. The frigid water. Because of the fun.


I'll pass on the cold water, but the smiles...

Yeah, pretty perfect.

1 comment:

  1. I am SOOOO jealous! Living near the beach would be awesome. So glad Ben's home...great to see your sweet family together...enjoying one another.

    ReplyDelete