Monday, March 8, 2010

You used to be much more...muchier. You've lost your muchness.

Guess what Em and I saw yesterday.





















It's no fun if you don't guess....










It was simply wonderful...





















...and you'd be mad to miss it...















Oh it was really quite good and I'm so glad Emily begged me to take her to see Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland.  After the Christmas Carol fiasco, I was afraid it would be too scary for her, but she liked it as well.

Alice in Wonderland is something of a misnomer since I think a large portion of the plot came from Through the Looking Glass. I'm sure purists will poopoo it all over the place, but I am not a purist. In fact, I'm almost positive Lewis Carroll made his stories purposefully uncomfortable so after reading them initially, I haven't been eager to return to the book.  Don't get me wrong, this newest iteration captures the sort of stark raving beauty I always imagined Wonderland would have. But I like creepy whimsical things. Besides so many things other people find sensible do not make sense to me  and I live with a five-year-old so nonsense is somewhat of a norm and this movie just fit right in. I literally felt like my head had been sucked into the movie and it wasn't until Emily started wiggling her way into a snuggle position that I realized I had been leaning forward ever since Alice fell down the rabbit hole.

For the first time in a long time I left a movie feeling ready to conquer the world. I'm pretty sure Emily just want me to conquer the making of Alice's dress.

1 comment:

  1. I liked your post. Here is my blog on the film:
    http://wp.me/pkGyE-4t

    ReplyDelete