Tuesday, April 15, 2008

What a week. If it wasn't one thing it was another and I am stressed to the max! A week ago Friday we got the horrible news that the daughter of my coworkers, Brandon and Tiffany Verzal, was dropped and suffered from major head trauma. She's only 18 months old and it is just heartbreaking to see her with all those tubes in her and that horrid red bump-gash on her forehead. Her progress has been halting, but she is making progress. Still, I hurt for her and her family. It is ridiculous to stress over someone else's troubles, but I wouldn't be me if I didn't. I also go the news that friend's brother was killed by a drug overdose. Why do people have to be stupid? Is the feeling that goo? Good enough to die for? Really? So on top of digesting all that, the school work and the work work and that parenting thing I do, I also got a call from my mom. "I have something to tell you and you aren't going to like it. We put our house up for sale and your father and I have a few job interviews...in Rio Dosa." As in New Mexico. As in no more babysitting and family dinners and random days window shopping. As in, no local family here with me. Did I mention too that Jesse lost his job so child support has gone from being sporadic to nonexistent? Life is sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment