Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Perhaps I should have gone with a band-aid

I had a fight with my mom. Over money. *Groan* It was, as usual, awful. After two days of avoiding my calls she called to make nice (after reminding me how much I had hurt her). However, when she asked if we were cool, I told her I didn't think so. The thing is, I want to be friends with my mom and for us to have a lasting relationship we have to stop just patching things up with band-aids. She has really added a lot of stress to my life by loaning me money. That sounds completely unreasonable and unappreciative. However, the way she makes me feel guilty and indebted is just unreal and, I think, more than a little unfair. I let her know all this and I am pretty sure I will spend the next two weeks not hearing from her. I am doing the best I can, but she doesn't act like she knows that. I don't really know where to go from here. I guess this will just spur me to work harder so I can make more and get her paid off. Otherwise, I'm going to be constantly afraid that she's going revoke all her offers to help me out and that's going to leave me in a pretty bad position. On the one hand, we know how I like to worry about nothing, but on the other, maybe I should have accepted the band-aid.

No comments:

Post a Comment